One of my most recent discoveries when it comes to DIY beauty secrets is using honey and egg whites. First I was using honey and cinnamon to treat my minor breakouts but this was very drying and harsh on my skin.
Lately, I have just been using egg whites on my face and seen dramatic results. I have been using egg whites that can be found in the carton (please see image below). The source of your eggs whites is entirely up to you.
Before I go into the details and ingredients for the mask, I want to outline the benefits of these two products.
Honey benefits according to DailyGlow:
- Works as an excellent moisturizer
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties
- Honey will minimize the chances of skin infections occurring
- Helps prevent scarring
Egg white benefits according to LiveStrong:
- Tightens pores
- Eliminates dead skin cells
- Draws oil out of skin
- Gets rid of whiteheads and other debris
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon egg whites together is a small bowl
- Apply mixture to face and let sit on face for twenty minutes
- Wash face with warm water and apply regular cleanser/continue with face washing routine
- *Bonus*: You can add a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to help brighten skin for a natural glow
What do you think of this mask? Let me know what kitchen ingredients you are using for facial masks!