Does the perfect bun work for you? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
One of my most recent discoveries when it comes to DIY beauty secrets is using honey and egg whites. First I was using honey and cinnamon to treat my minor breakouts but this was very drying and harsh on my skin.
Lately, I have just been using egg whites on my face and seen dramatic results. I have been using egg whites that can be found in the carton (please see image below). The source of your eggs whites is entirely up to you.
Before I go into the details and ingredients for the mask, I want to outline the benefits of these two products.
Honey benefits according to DailyGlow:
- Works as an excellent moisturizer
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties
- Honey will minimize the chances of skin infections occurring
- Helps prevent scarring
Egg white benefits according to LiveStrong:
- Tightens pores
- Eliminates dead skin cells
- Draws oil out of skin
- Gets rid of whiteheads and other debris
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon egg whites together is a small bowl
- Apply mixture to face and let sit on face for twenty minutes
- Wash face with warm water and apply regular cleanser/continue with face washing routine
- *Bonus*: You can add a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to help brighten skin for a natural glow
What do you think of this mask? Let me know what kitchen ingredients you are using for facial masks!